Search This Blog

Friday, March 11, 2011

Day Two: Double Decker Muffaleta

Undertaking the task of two sandwiches is too awesome! Even when the one choosing is as indecisive as I am. But, seeing how as I was so indecisive, I had someone else pick a number for me! Super Registrina, Miss A! (At least that's what I'll call her for the purposes of my blog as long as I mention her.)






Now, tonight's sandwich is the Italian Sub - Muffaleta. There's an added option of feta salsa, (One of our amazing dips!) that I opted out of because I am trying to get as pure a description of flavors with as little of the extra frills as possible. I am here to talk about sandwiches and not add-ons after all. Anyways, after the HUGE sandwich that is our #19 stuffed me full, I thought my next choice would only perpetuate the fullness. Boy, did I have the right idea! Naturally, I was worried about the sandwich I would choose being too big in size for me to eat after the large sandwich. (Which I *REALLY* only ate half of.) So I sought the opinion of Miss A, whom was all to happy to tell me that one of her favorites was number 21, the Italian Sub -Muffaleta with Feta. The sandwich could have only benefited from the addition, but I chose to eat it as it is on the menu. Same fluffy Ciabatta bread from earlier's # 19, completely different taste!

Boarshead Ham, Salami, Greek Dressing, Red Onions, Tomatoes, and Provolone leave me wanting a really big bite of sandwich! And as strict as I was earlier on the  'no frills' part of my review, I opted to have it heated, because I love warm food.

I am *MORE* than loving this sandwich!!! This dressing is a lovely starting note, tangy but not tart, it lends a sharp taste immediately, then fades to warm ham and salami, succulent and drawing. A killer flavor combination, if I do say so myself! The smooth, favorable taste of provolone feeds into juicy tomato and leaves you with the desire for another mouthful.

After eating half of this sandwich, I want to curl up and go to sleep! (I ate the number 19 today after all!) This is another of the 'Hearty Appetite' sandwiches of mention from earlier today. It completely earns that title. I'm sweetly reminded of a sandwich I had while out of town with a friend from my younger days, before I had a blog.

This sandwich earns spot number 4 in my 'Favorite Sandwiches', and number 5 on my 'Favorite Foods' list!

My favorites are slowly becoming all sandwiches... Guess that happens when you're eating great food!

This sandwich earns a 7.5 of 9 easily, and very probably deserves it's 8 point rating.




                                                                     Peace Love and GREAT Food,
                                                                             -Andy B.

No comments:

Post a Comment