Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

New York Special in Oklahoma

Following my day late review, I decided that I would get right to it when I got home tonight. Sadly, I waited until just now to start it. :/

This evening I'm going to review the # 9, the New York Pub Special. I had mine grilled because I'm in love with the idea of warm sandwiches on cold days thanks to Lambrusco'z.



Made with a half a pound of Pastrami, Swiss Cheese, and Dijon, the flavor breakdown will be kinda short, but the flavors won't be sold cheap because of a small vocabulary. I could go on and on about the sandwich, but because the flavors aren't numerous it's going to wind up falling short as a standard sandwich review.

If you indeed are reading/ following me, drop me a comment! I can't get better unless I know what I'm doing wrong!

So when I got my sandwich this afternoon it was all warm and crunchy, but still retaining it's healthy moisture. YUMMY! That first morsel of crunchy Rye yields to the strong, bold flavor of Dijon Mustard. Powerful in it's own fashion, the mustard isn't overbearing to the point of losing the flavor of the pastrami.

I personally didn't taste the Swiss on the sandwich, even though there was plenty of cheese there. It could be the fact that I was indulging in the texture and flavor of the mustard, though. I have been known to forget to pause for all the flavors I'm awaiting. The fact that the sandwich was heated may also be the reason for the Swiss's missing flavor, my fault for asking for it grilled, truth be told.

At any rate, if someone were to offer me this sandwich or dessert(Which I am very fond of, in all actuality.) with only one choice, I'd grab a healthy handful of sandwich, happily, without a second thought! I'm a huge fan of such bold flavors in general, but when I hear 'sandwich' and the words 'mild' and 'light' don't come to mind, I'm all aboard!

...I really do think I'm becoming addicted to sandwiches, I'm sort of okay with that though. I can say with complete honesty that I won't be attending Carbs or Sandwich Anonymous anytime soon.






This sandwich served up hearty ingredients, crunchy bread, and warmth, earning a solid 9 of 9.

Until Next We Eat!

                                                                         Peace, Love, and GREAT Food,
                                                                                    -Andy B.

No comments:

Post a Comment