Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

SPECIAL SPOTLIGHT!!!!

So I told myself today that no matter what happened, I'd blog about a sandwich tonight because I was tired of this being late all the time fiasco that seemed to be trending in my life. Then I got a call from a friend (At 7:30, so enough time for me to shake out my hair, dress up and get to the concert venue) who told me that I had a free ticket to see Scissor Sisters if I could get to the place! I live approx 10 mins. drive from there, UH YEAH I CAN MAKE IT! I didn't know who they were when I got there, but I know who they are now that I'm home! MY WORD! I've never had so much fun! Their setlist was amazing, and they have a semi-new album out, Night Work. I didn't learn about it until some post-venue research (Which I find myself doing a ton of!) So I had a great time at the crazy concert, enjoyed some fresh music, and will be happily blogging about the sandwich now.

So we have it. The very first, the one and only(so far) SPECIAL SPOTLIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So we start out today by my telling you that it *IS* Reuben month in Delis all over the world. With that said, I introduce, the Texas Reuben.






Now, I didn't get a description(Because I was silly and forgot to get it off the special board at work!), but I can tell you more about flavor and possibly hint at what exactly is in the sandwich without being so on the head! See, and you thought surprises were all bad!

Marbled Rye, Provolone, Cole Slaw, Reuben sauce, and I believe it's going to be a little peppered bacon, some horse radish and then pastrami. I could be wrong. I'm that way frequently when I'm guessing at things, but here's what I'm not guessing about: FLAVOR!

My word! I bite into the delicious(Haha, get the pun? It's okay if you groaned out loud, it was lousy.) sandwich and I get crunchy marbled rye, the bite of peppered bacon, after burn of horse radish and the smooth mayonnaise flavor of the cole slaw all in one bite! Now I'm not sure how it happens exactly, but the flavors layer after they've all combined to the initial explosion of flavor. You get the meaty pastrami with the more relaxed flavor of bacon and pepper after it's initial burst of spice, the clear flavor of horseradish sings behind it's wall of crunch from the slaw. It's the most lovely combination. It's such a party in my mouth, and only the best flavors were invited! I'm totally game for as many of THESE as someone wants to share!

It's a good hearty filling sandwich without being too heavy on both toppings or bread. It's a solid contender for a good lunch, after all it has most of your food groups on two slices of bread! Grains (Marbled Rye), Meat (Pastrami), Dairy (Provolone), Veggies (Cole Slaw!), what's not to love!

At any rate, a good sandwich deserves a good rating, so it gets a 7.5 of 9, easy style.





Until next we meet, fellow lovers of food!

                                                     Peace, Love, and GREAT Food,
                                                               -Andy B.

Sorry for such a short review, I think Special Spotlights are going to be a little shorter from now(The first) until the blog is finished. (Who know when that'll be!)

No comments:

Post a Comment